Friday, March 13, 2015

collaboration with a 4-year-old

This is a bit of an old story that circulated on the internet about 2 years ago, but I couldn't resist talking about it in my blog.

Mica Angela Hendricks is an amazing artist, and on her blog busy mockingbird she tells the story of how she ended up collaborating with her daughter on a lot of the artwork she did:

“I was going to draw a body on this lady’s face,” I said.  “Well, I will do it,” she said very focused, and grabbed the pen."

"Not surprisingly, I LOVED what she drew.  I had drawn a woman’s face, and she had turned her into a dinosaur-woman.  It was beautiful, it was carefree, and for as much as I don’t like to share, I LOVED what she had created.  Flipping through my sketchbook, I found another doodle of a face I had not yet finished.  She drew a body on it, too, and I was enthralled.  It was such a beautiful combination of my style and hers.  And she LOVED being a part of it."

Below are a few examples of the art she has done with her daughter-they're incredibly beautiful and child-like, I can't get enough of these pictures!


Mica Angela Hendricks

Mica Angela Hendricks

Mica Angela Hendricks

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading about this last year! It is amazing how the two collaborate their work and make one of a kind pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to bond with your child through art. I wish I was more artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool story! Kids have so much more creativity than adults do sometimes I think!

    ReplyDelete