Thursday, February 19, 2015

"the joy of painting" with bob ross

Bob Ross was an American painter who was able to create these pretty amazing paintings within a half hour TV show, and he did it effortlessly.

I used to watch his show ALL the time.

It came on every Sunday morning, and was the best way to start the day.
At least for me it was.
I wasn't like most children.

Anyway, if you have a few minutes, I encourage you to check out a little bit of what he does, it's quite impressive.








3 comments:

  1. I was already familiar with "The Joy of Painting" before I watched your video. I've always enjoyed watching Bob Ross because it relaxes me to watch someone paint. Not entirely sure why. You're right about how he makes it look so effortless in his strokes. The ocean landscape he created was beautiful! Side note, a friend of mine actually filmed a video of himself as Bob Ross as a parody skit and it was downright hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it actually is pretty relaxing to watch him paint! It probably has something to do with his voice :) I've never been a painter, and as much as I try, I could never get close to his amazing paintings. I think I'll stick to doodling :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bob Ross! I used to wait for his show to come on tv when I was little so I could pull out my paints and paint with him!

    ReplyDelete